Location: Jacksonville, Florida
NLP Logix is recruiting for a UX/UI Designer to join its growing team of IT and Business professionals. This position is for a contract employee and can be remote.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
NLP Logix strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through cutting edge technology offerings, creative custom problem solving, and rapid delivery of our modeling assets to meet our customers’ needs. The successful candidate will demonstrate an understanding of how to zero in on users’ underlying emotional and functional needs and ultimately help execute on those discoveries to create an enjoyable, practical and logical experience.
The UX/UI Designer will work under the general direction of the Product Management Leader and is primarily responsible for the visual, navigation, and interaction design for web-based solutions. This includes conducting user research, interviews and surveys to collection information and gain empathy for all user engaging with the enterprise platform. The UX/UI Designer will use the information gathered to create sitemaps, customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Work closely with the Product, Solution and Development teams to identify research questions
· Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with the Product Manager and Solution Architect
· Help define and refine user personas
· Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
· Understand technical limitations as well as business strategies and goals for all products
· Present and communicate insights in order to help shape long-term product strategies
· Design for simplicity, ease of use and an intuitive experience
· Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look
· Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
· Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
· Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
· Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback quickly
· Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images
· 3+ years of experience designing User Experiences and Interaction Design for rich interactive web & mobile applications
· Experience with Responsive Web Designs and techniques
· Demonstrated understanding of visual design systems, hierarchy, typography, aesthetics, illustration, photography and composition
· Experience with wireframing and associated tools (e.g, Axure, Balsamiq, Indigo Studio, Omnigraffle)
· Experience with Mobile Application Design (iOS, Android)
· Experience with both Enterprise and Consumer software design
· Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop
· Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
· Experience creating storyboards and site mapping
· Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to optimize data for the best possible outcome
· Professional written and interpersonal skills
· Continued education and research into UI trends and current design strategy and technology
· Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
· Experience managing projects and timelines
· Demonstrated ability to lead self and others through change
· Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
· Excellent problem-solving ability
· Must be a self-starter and work in a very agile manner
· Must Provide Examples or Portfolio of Work
NLP Logix believes data science is a team sport and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.