The SCCM Engineer (Software Packaging) will perform Release and Deployment duties to support to a world-wide network by developing standardized images for deployment of desktop and server images utilizing technologies such as Windows Server Update Services (WSUS). Creates, implements, and deploys images for enterprise workstations and servers. Develops and documents processes to deploy zero-touch images (ZTI) for an enterprise environment utilizing SCCM OSD.
- Experience creating, customizing, deploying and automating software packages using SCCM.
- Distribution of monthly security patches utilizing SCCM and WSUS integration.
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, PowerShell, and Batch scripting.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select, and apply standard IT techniques, procedures, and criteria using judgement in making adaptations and modifications to SCCM applications & packages. This includes scripting in the development of SCCM application/packages.
- Develops required Application-level validation for post-install flight checks of SCCM applications.
- Develops custom MST packages for MSI applications using Orca MSI Editor to create unattended installs.
- Working knowledge of the management of highly available enterprise IT infrastructure and associated systems and support services, including Windows server, and infrastructure services.
- Experience with error logging/debugging and PowerShell scripting.
- Responsible for Software Packaging and Patching.
- Thoroughly evaluate, validate, and deploy application packages and validation cases; document and provide evaluation results.
- Create, update, deploy, troubleshoot, and remove objects in the SCCM environment, sites, distribution points (DPs), and clients based on provided guidelines.
- Create, update, and delete dynamic and static collections and reports for installation, modification, and removal of applications.
- Create custom test environments to provide proof of concept before implementing into production.
- Maintain disaster recovery capability and procedures for the SCCM environment.
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Configuring and Troubleshooting TCP/IP protocol and network connections.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations.
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Experience writing various reports related to the deployment of software, which include writing Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure project tasks are completed in a timely manner
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Strong System Administration experience, and advanced experience troubleshooting and supporting SCCM.
- Downloading and pushing service packs using SCCM with WSUS integration.
- Remedy ITSM/ServiceNow
- Active Directory
- Group Policies
- PowerShell and Batch scripting
- MSI / MST File Creation and Automation for silent installs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- 3 years relevant experience
- IAT Level II CompTIA Security+ certification is required before start.
- MCSA or similar certifications needed or specialty experience:
- Experience with Remedy/ServiceNow desired
- Security+CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
- IAT Level II certification is required before start
- Top Secret
- Must be US Citizen
Location: Fort Meade, MD