The Network Engineer will support ongoing critical requirements for Walter Reed National Medical Center in Bethesda (MD). The Network Engineer will be responsible for the ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to support application programmers working in that environment. The Network Engineer will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success. The Network Engineer will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure, test, implement and maintain network support activities, and ability to support application programmers working in that environment.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel responsible for network design, implementation, and operations tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and progress in accordance with schedules.
- Evaluate and resolve network and processor problems using network analysis tools. Design, configure and implement networks. Evaluate network performance using hardware and software diagnostic tools. Evaluate network changes for operational impact.
- Participate in designing, planning and installation of new networks and hardware.
- Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on network progress to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
- Work with other technical teams to ensure network infrastructure meets all user requirements and security regulations.
- Draft technical documentation of network issue resolution, changes, and infrastructure.
- Provide after-hours on-call and downtime support as needed. Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with mobile application developing, specifically iOS and/or Android
Education and Experience:
- Minimum three (3) years hands on Network Engineer experience.
- Network Administration experience required
- CCNA or higher certification required
- Must meet DOD 8570 requirements
Location: Bethesda, MD
This position will involve minimal travel