Why Join us?
We are seeking an Estate Planning Paralegal to join our rapidly growing team in our Northborough MA office. Our firm values our strong relationships with our clients and our tight-knit collaborative work culture. We care deeply about our clients and each other and want whoever joins our team to share our vision and values of being sincere, compassionate, and empathetic.
- Build relationships with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Communicate with financial advisors regarding client's funding work and prepare funding documents as necessary
- Assist Clients with their Trust Ensure Attorneys and prepared for the week ahead
- Proofread documents
- Work with clients to ensure all materials are provided for drafting
- Move clients' matters through our internal processes and meet deadlines as they pertain to signing meetings and final meetings
- Prepare various estate planning legal documents
- Prepare estate tax returns, gift tax returns and trust and estate returns
- Prepare probate documents and probate and trust accountings
- Act as a witness at signing meetings
- Work directly with clients to answer questions regarding their planning as well as answer any questions they have regarding their case
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must have great time-management skills and organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to go the extra mile to ensure excellent customer service and client satisfaction
- Be proficient in probate, trust and estate administration, estate tax return preparation, and drafting estate planning documents
- Completion of a nationally accredited paralegal program
Strongly preferred Experience
- Experience as a Paralegal in Estate Planning is required
- 5+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- 5+ years of experience in estate planning, estate tax preparation and probate and trust administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office, MyCase, WealthDocx and/or ElderDocx, is a plus
- Elder law knowledge and experience is a plus
- Experience with MassHealth Applications is a plus
This is an in-house position, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Compensation $60k-70k *Full benefits package included*
If this person is you, we encourage you to apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.