Job Summary :
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer. The job requires that we ensure that software development delivers a product that is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements and customer expectations.
The ideal candidate will have a proven record in managing cloud infrastructure, SaaS delivered applications, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of production operations against a set of key indicators.
Who We Are
We are a leading FinTech company focused on creating greater efficiencies in the alternative asset sector. While private markets have recently surpassed public markets as it pertains to annual capital raised the infrastructure remains opaque and inefficient. We have created an end-to-end solution for the primary issuance and secondary trading of private alternative assets catered to the needs of private market participants.
We are growing and looking to expand our team of highly ambitious employees to drive our vision and lead new opportunities.
Primary Responsibilities :
As a key member of the software development and delivery team, you will:
- Design, build and monitor our cloud infrastructure
- Respond to production incidents and determine preventive solutions
- Troubleshoot complex reliability and performance issues
- Work directly with Engineering and Quality Assurance teams to test system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve systems and processes
- Build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards
- Monitor and maintain production environments to high availability standards and fault tolerant
- Facilitate service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning
Required Qualifications :
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 7+ years of experience with IT & cloud services
- 3+ years’ experience with cloud infrastructure in Azure
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with application observability, logging, and monitoring systems such as Grafana, Stackdriver/Loki, Prometheus, and New Relic. Experience with Splunk or Datadog is preferred.
- Experience using containers, container orchestration, and container configuration management using Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm. Experience with k8s is a plus.
- Experience working with fault tolerant, highly available, high throughput, distributed, scalable systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
Desired Qualifications :
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience with trading, exchange, or post-trading systems, payment systems, or financial processing systems is preferred
- Understanding of Microservices Design & Development SDLC is a plus.