As a Director of Software Engineering, you’ll provide technical leadership to teams developing high-quality, creative enterprise investment applications in a fast-moving, progressive work environment. You’ll think outside the box and add your own vision, passion, and interests to a software development life cycle that is focused on transforming the product experience in Financial Services with cutting-edge technology.
As an engineering leader you will also help preserve our culture, guide our office operations across multiple locations, and influence the trajectory of an ambitious tech startup. Our team aims to leave a legacy in an investment management industry primed for change.
What will you do?
- Contribute business insight, technical depth, and best practices to a team where design, strategy, product management, and engineering collaborate closely
- Lead the entire software development process, from requirements and design reviews through the implementation of a new product, understanding agile development methodologies and the importance of an amazing user experience along the way
- Champion end-to-end responsibility for technical implementation of a complex system, including the product, infrastructure, security, and quality
- Coach, mentor, hire, and inspire diverse and collaborative teams of product engineers and engineering managers who are responsible for delivering high performing, secure enterprise applications
- Drive a high performance culture aligned on our business objectives, key results, and individual career goals
- Impact a developing tech stack based on modern front-end frameworks and cost-efficient utilization of AWS back-end services
- Ensure close relationships in a multi-location organization, connecting our product, engineering, and service teams
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years in a software engineering position leading people, with experience supporting both managers and individual contributors and an ability to keep a pulse on people throughout a complex and fast paced organization
- 10+ years direct experience required in one or more areas: Portfolio Accounting and Reporting, Trade Order Management, Portfolio Management, CRM, Market Data
- Ability to lead and influence both with and without authority and excellent communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- User empathy with a desire to revolutionize the product experience
- Ability to focus on short-term deliverables while maintaining a strategic big-picture perspective
- Insatiable appetite to solve problems and build world-class products
- Experience recruiting, evaluating, and retaining talent
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or a related discipline
- Experience designing and launching enterprise applications with agile development methodologies
- Understanding of building back-end infrastructure using AWS offerings such as Aurora, Lambda, and S3