WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Build and implement Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) solutions in an AWS environment with Jenkins at the center and automate the code delivery pipeline with the goal of one click deployments, rollbacks, and parameterized builds.
- Be a DevOps champion, subscribe to the DevOps mentality and the philosophy of automating everything.
- Obtain a deep understanding of Cloud9 Technologies infrastructure and applications.
- Manage our global AWS services and infrastructure while assisting in the deployment and roll-out of new features and products.
- Work with the development team to cross-pollinate DevOps processes and ensure that new architectures are drawn up with “ease of management”, delivery, and operability in mind.
- Serve as a key member of the DevOps team while managing the overall system health, performance, and capacity of Cloud9 internal and client facing systems.
- Troubleshoot application and service issues or system outages while clearly communicating status updates with management and engineering teams.
- Participate in an on-call rotation.
WHAT WE CAN EXPECT FROM YOU
- 2+ years of hands on AWS experience.
- Experience with different AWS services as ElastiCache, Aurora MySQL, NoSQL DynamoDB, pub/sub, messaging, caching technologies, S3, lambda.
- Experience with containers, Docker, Packer, Kubernetes, and ECS.
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using Jenkins.
- Experience using git and deep knowledge of git branching/merging workflow, especially as it relates to automation and CI pipelines.
- Experience with Terraform or/and CloudFormation.
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible and deep understanding of configuration.
- Strong scripting experience in Bash, Python, particularly in system automation and monitoring.
- Experience with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, Nagios, DataDog, SignalFX, New Relic, Splunk.
- Ability to integrate third party & propitiatory API’s into our automation and SDLC.
- Networking experience within complex environments using application load balancing, routing, switching, DNS, network firewalls, and web application firewalls.
- Background in Unix/ Linux administration, at least 2 years.
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with other DevOps engineers, product managers, developers, etc.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline.