The US Technical Support Lead will be coaching and mentoring a team of engineers that support our enterprise voice application. The effectiveness and efficiency of the technical support team will fall on your shoulders. You will be integral in setting the service standards and key performance metrics that your team will adhere to for the team to be successful. You will be monitoring and managing the phone system, helpdesk ticket queues, customer escalations and client reports.
As the US Technical Support Lead, you will be tasked with scheduling the staff to meet the business
needs. Additionally, you will facilitate weekly team meetings to share lessons learned, address upcoming
production changes and be a champion of continual service improvement. Also, it will be your
responsibility to regularly brief management on business plans, support processes, and metrics. This is a
fast-paced environment that seeks a dedicated and creative perfectionist with a passion for quality work.
- Lead platform Customer Help Desk to support all of our platform’s client facing systems.
- Manage our service desk operations through effective processes and tooling and provide incident transparency while ensuring rapid response to service issues.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and know when to escalate issues while maintaining responsibility for the issue resolution and ticket closure.
- Travel to customer sites to assist the customer in service implementation and perform basic training where required.
- Be a customer service champion and coach the team on how to strive for and achieve excellence.
- Assist in a hands-on capacity and work with customers directly as needed on a daily basis.
- Assist Project Management in roll-out planning. Manage potential escalations proactively to limit their impact to the project and customer relationship.
- Ensure we can effectively report on and are adhering to our Client SLAs.
- On-site visits when required to troubleshoot and resolve L2/L3 issues.
- Support our platform’s service philosophy to empower customer self service and support capabilities.
- Determine customer support strategies by conducting needs assessments, review weekly performance reports, identifying and evaluating technologies to improve service response.
- Work with the local and regional teams to cross-pollenate customer service desk best practices and processes throughout the customer support lifecycle.
- Supervise and mentor your support team and monitor performance of individuals.
- Support human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in our platform’s support group; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing help desk policies and procedures.
- Identify potential system/software bugs through analysis of customer service response reports.
- Communicate trends to our engineering and product management groups.
- 5+ years operational leadership experience supporting & managing IT customer service, help desk, and technical support for 24x7 mission-critical applications.
- 3+ years of experience in supervisory capacity while displaying an ownership mentality.
- 2+ years of experience using professional investigative tools that may include Splunk, Wireshark, Nagios, Datadog, Pingdom, etc.
- Service Desk Certification (ITIL, HDI, and similar) required. Other relevant certifications will be considered, OR you must demonstrate you possess equivalent professional experience.
- Hands on experience delivering and supporting software products to customers.
- Experienced in managing ticketing and reporting systems, alerting & escalations.
- Able to quickly obtain a deep understanding of our infrastructure and applications.
- Technical troubleshooting capabilities & strong experience in the technology and/or telecommunications industry.
- Understanding of trader voice requirements including private line signaling types, PBX telephony, and able to test and troubleshoot associated problems.
- Ability to work to very aggressive deadlines
- Charismatic personality with strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and present to peers and leadership team.
.CS or Engineering degree