Over the last twenty years, our company has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world’s most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
This Senior Platform Engineer will play a hands-on role in assisting in the architecture and production runtime of applications within the organization. This individual will be responsible for all the aspects of the application platform and security. S/he will work closely influencing Business Sponsors, Scrum Masters and Peer Architects while driving the company's digital modernization efforts.
Our company is seeking an individual who is looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to help change and influence the future of the company applications and products. As a member of the platform team, you will help architect and execute on the modernization roadmap. The Senior Platform Engineer will work with architecture and application teams to help cultivate innovation, drive standardization, and deliver on new technology patterns across the stack. You will provide key leadership in adoption of platforms and consolidation across department initiatives.Job Description
What You’ll Do
- Design, implement, and operate internal multi-tenant platforms:
- Container orchestration runtimes (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Event streaming (e.g. Kafka)
- Persistent storage (e.g. Redis)
- Play a key role in architecting the future Kubernetes platform and application adoption roadmap
- Provide leadership in containerization of applications and best practice container usage
- Providing leadership in Proof of Concepts (POCs) for assessment of technical and business benefits.
- Growing our agile development culture through use of excellent engineering skills and a deep knowledge of DevOps methodologies.
- Ability to drive platform architecture design and ownership and articulate architecture solution options to product owners and architecture leadership.
- Evaluate and recommend technology and frameworks for flexibility, long-term viability, and time to market.
- Demonstrate ability to analyze business direction and problems, understand long term vision and risk in developing strategic technical solutions. Work closely with Product/Application teams in technology evaluation, selection, recommendation and configuration.
- Collaborating with peer architects seeing opportunities to refactor business processes, improve customer experience or perform capability rationalization.
Who You Are
- Strong experience with multiple high level programming languages (Java, Python preferred)
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Twelve Factor App methodologies
- Deep hands-on experience in orchestration container platforms (cloud or on-premises such as EKS, AKS, Tanzu, OpenShift, etc.)
- Deeply committed to complete automation of the complete SDLC
- Experience with IaC (Infrastructure as Code) and configuration tooling (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation) preferred
- Experience with event streaming patterns
- Deep understanding of messaging and caching platforms
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective, trusting partnerships with product managers, architects and technical leads for individual products and applications
- Proven and comprehensive knowledge of APIs, UIs, infrastructure, data architecture, security, and new technologies
- Ability to provide technical leadership and hands on day-to-day solutions to agile teams, preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- Proven track record of critical thinking, with the ability to translate business needs into technology solutions
- Passion for technology without limitation to a set of languages or frameworks. Love what you do and are eager to seek new challenges
- Obsessed with building great teams, sharing knowledge and improving DevOps culture
- Strong presentation skills; written and verbal communication including the ability to influence
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in an architecture and/or software engineering role