Want to work with clever people, in an environment where neither politics nor bad habits get in the way of using your talents to deliver great results?
You have found the right place. We are a company where you, as part of a team of highly skilled software delivery experts, will use the latest technology to design, build and operate bespoke, real-time solutions for Tier 1 investment banks and commodity trading firms.
About the Project
Our company is looking for a hybrid Agile Delivery Manager / Business Analyst to lead a project team building an integrated FX trading and payments solutions for our client, a leading US bank.
Our company has unique experience delivering similar platforms and the person in this role will be crucial to leveraging that internal knowledge and driving the delivery directly in partnership with the client and their senior management.
The engagement is a strategic project for the company, so the project will be visible throughout the business.
In this dual role, you will have overall responsibility for project delivery, managing a team of UX designers, developers and QA personnel and providing regular reporting to client management. You will also perform critical business analysis functions, working closely with client stakeholders to understand and document requirements, prioritize feature development, define the product delivery roadmap and supply business and technical requirements in the form of user stories. These user stories will form the backlog through which high-quality iterative sprints will be delivered.
Required skills and experience
- In general, applicants will be expected to have significant experience working in the financial sector
- You have worked on projects involving modern web applications, with experience in the FX trading and payments space a plus
- Experience delivering successful projects in an Agile environment, including:
- Working with clients to define project scope and build a delivery plan that mitigates project risk
- Maintaining a product backlog with multiple client stakeholders
- Managing project budget and providing regular status updates to senior client stakeholders
- Keen understanding of the strengths and potential pitfalls that come with an Agile delivery philosophy, based on extensive personal experience
- Strong leadership skills in managing a distributed team of designers and developers
- Ability to keep everyone aligned on common goals without meeting face to face
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts clearly through written and visual mediums is expected, so as to create a trusted set of reference documents for the team and for the client
- Experience working in a business analysis or product ownership role wearing multiple hats when necessary (Product, Design, QA)
- Ability to create and maintain a product backlog
- Experience writing user stories for the development team and UX requirements for the design team based on business needs
- Actively manage the client’s expectations, make assumptions explicit and keep a log of important decisions throughout the engagement
- Actively involve oneself in coming up with a realistic roadmap
- Work with UX, QA and developers throughout the backlog building process, to avoid the roadblocks inherent in a sequential process
- Serve as an integral liaison between the business, development, and design teams
- Remove any blockers on the development or design front
- Active involvement with design activities
- Take part in Event Storming / Workflow-Driven Design workshops (prior experience a plus)
- Capture and define the processes/workflows impacted by the solution we are delivering
- Experience with responsive design
- Active involvement with Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing activities
- Write falsifiable Acceptance Criteria
- Test the application manually & write bug reports to the same standard as a tester (if not with the same efficiency)
- Take an active role/the lead in defect triage
- Sufficient understanding of technical idioms
- In particular, an understanding of data structures & communication protocols is expected to allow discussion with technical experts and the capture of related requirements
- Experience working to deliver greenfield UI's that interact with legacy backends & applications