Are you passionate about sustainability, youth development, and affordable housing? Do you have experience or passion for community development?
We are currently in search of a Deputy Director for a community development organization. The position is based in South Bronx, New York. This is a full-time position.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Youth-focused community organization
LOCATION: South Bronx, New York
POSITION TITLE: Deputy Director
DURATION: Full-time (Onsite)
SALARY: $103k - $111k
Is This Your Dream Job? This position will be a new role at the organization. We are looking for a leader who is collaborative, hands-on, entrepreneurial and has experience working with leadership. This person will directly report to the CEO and work with the leadership team. This position offers excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, and Paid PTO. Summer Fridays and many more! The ideal candidate must demonstrate a highly focused social justice lens, excellent communication, and relationship-building skills, a deep belief in the power and potential of engaged communities, and the ability to promote a clear, inspirational vision for the next chapter.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Minimum of 8 years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agency
· Minimum of 5 years of working in a community setting
· Master’s Level education preferred or Bachelor’s level with experience
· Demonstrated commitment to basic principles of justice, whether expressed as social, racial, economic, or environmental justice
· An understanding of how trauma impacts traditionally marginalized individuals and communities, and integrate this knowledge into the design and delivery of programs and services.
· Approachable, collaborative, and willing to learn as well as teach
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and solving complex operational problems
· Superb interpersonal skills, including the ability to generate respect and trust from colleagues, direct reports, and external constituents
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Strategic Planning (35%)
· Strategic thought partner to CEO and executive leadership
· Manage key projects and special initiatives that relate to organizational growth
· Ensure successful adoption of the Salesforce database; contribute to the ongoing development of data tracking and analysis for program outputs
· Provide oversight of internal operations, including supervising staff and consultants
· Work in partnership with CFO on Human Resources activities such as recruiting and onboarding
· Provide high-level input to inform staffing decisions related to growth, performance, and accountability
· Lead staff in long-term program planning, establishing outcomes and clear project plans
· Work with the senior leadership team to develop and evaluate program strategies and goals
Development and External Relations (15%)
· Act on behalf of the CEO when necessary and as defined by the CEO
· Represent the organization as appropriate with stakeholders, partners, and funders
· Lead fund development efforts in partnership with the CEO and CFO
Supervision and Staff Management (10%)
· Provide coaching and training to support staff members in reaching long-term professional goals
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please click “Apply” to submit your resume.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application.