Do you have experience in providing advocacy and support to survivors?
We are currently in search of a Resident Coach & Systems Navigator for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, hybrid based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC- Hybrid
POSITION TITLE: Resident Coach & Systems Navigator
DURATION: Full Time
Is This Your Dream Job? The Resident Coach & Systems Navigator will provide intensive advocacy services, systems navigation, and support to survivors of domestic and sexual violence as well as their families while participating in the emergency-to-transition residential housing program. The goal is to empower survivors towards self-sufficiency.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- 3+ years of experience in providing advocacy services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and technologically savvy
- Mission-driven, Trauma-informed, Empathetic
- Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of community service providers
- Understanding of cultural diversity including family violence and hard-to-reach or resistant individuals and families
- Bilingual- French or Spanish
- COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serve as primary contact to participants and develop strong supportive relationships through regular check-ins
- Establish rapport, assess, develop, and maintain safety plans and individualized service plans
- Support participants in identifying internal and external resources; such as job readiness, financial literacy, economic empowerment, and housing navigation
- Assist participants in navigating multiple social services systems, including law enforcement, immigration, the courts, health care, disability services, and others
- Organize survivor-centered enrichment activities for residents, such as support groups, self-care sessions, arts and crafts
- Collaborate with a team—other Coaches and Systems Navigators, Director, and Liaisons—to provide collective care management
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation on individual participants
- Comply with federal, state, and local confidentiality and victim services laws and regulations
- Represent DASH at outreach activities and key partner events throughout the community
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as program needs require minimal travel, evenings, and weekends
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.