Are you passionate about environmental stability? Do you have at least 3+ years of experience in the Development/Fundraising realm?
We are currently in search of a Development Manager for an Environmental Organization. The position is based in Pittsburgh, PA and is a Full- Time, Permanent position, with a Hybrid schedule of 2-3 days in office.
ORGANIZATION TYPE: Environmental Organization
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
POSITION TITLE: Development Manager
DURATION: Full-time, Permanent
SALARY: $70,000 - $80,000
Is This Your Dream Job?
The Development Manager reports directly to the Executive Director, and is be responsible for selling exhibit space, sponsorship, and advertising. This is a hybrid role with need to be in off 2-3 days a week.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience in Development, Prospecting, Exhibits, and Sales.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Track record or developing corporate partnerships, new business, and growing existing accounts.
- Preferred knowledge/experience of trade show sales in nonprofit/professional society setting.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Understand pricing and value strategy.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and strong writing skills, used primarily in formal e-mail communications and business correspondence.
- Ability to deliver information and modify messaging based on audience.
- Sales and fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting.
- Demonstrated success in meeting and exceeding revenue goals.
- Familiarity with environmental issues and a passion for sustainability.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Serves as the initial contact with prospective exhibitors/sponsors/advertisers for assigned categories and is responsible for qualifying prospective sales, presenting options, and communicating the terms of the contract including payment schedule.
- Responsible for developing business and will oversee stages of the entire sales cycle including prospecting leads, cold calling, qualifying customers, sales calls, and presentations of deliverables/benefits through sale close.
- Prospect and qualify new business using the internet, industry publications, competitive show directories, and prospect leads; provide regular follow-up and correspondence.
- Build relationships with current and new exhibitors/sponsors/advertisers to identify needs and objectives.
- Responsible for outreach via phone and e-mail for exhibit space, sponsorships, and advertising with the goal of increasing sales results.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual square footage and revenue goals assigned by the Executive Director.
- Tracks and maintains all sales-related activity and updates accounts in CRM; provides regular sales and ad-hoc reports accordingly.
- 5-10% travel to conferences.
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please click “Apply” to submit your resume.
Know a friend who would be a great fit? Feel free to send us their resume to email@example.com
Is this position not a great fit?
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.