Do you want to be an integral part of a team that supports a safe housing program?
We are currently in search of a Lead Community & Building Liaison for the District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH). The position is full-time, in-person based in Washington, DC. This is a Permanent assignment.
ORGANIZATION: District Alliance for Safe Housing (DASH)
LOCATION: Washington, DC
POSITION TITLE: Lead Community & Building Liaison
DURATION: Full Time (shift: 7:00 am- 3:00 pm)
HOURLY RATE: $23.34
Is This Your Dream Job? The Lead Community & Building Liaison is responsible for delivering services through a concierge lens. Creating and leading a community of safety, security, care, inclusivity, and possibilities for survivors of domestic and sexual violence.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· 3+ years experience working in residential facilities or related experience
· Excellent customer service, oral, and written communication skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and technologically savvy
· Compassionate, Mission-driven and Trauma-informed
· Initiative-taker and able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
· COVID-19 vaccination required
How You Will Spend Your Day:
Leadership (25% of time):
· Collaborate with Manager to create, implement, and maintain standard operating procedures
· Train other Building Liaisons on operating procedures
· Manage and lead special projects
· Serve as point of contact during emergency situations, coordinating with local authorities and ensuring residents’ safety and wellbeing
· Maintain accurate records of all resident interactions, incidents, and communications in accordance with organizational policies
· Ensure Building Liaison team meets quarterly safety report quotas
· Assist in managing budget, including tracking expenses related to supplies and special projects
· Assist in completion of quarterly safety reports in partnership with Property Manager and grant-related data to identify trends and areas for improvement
Resident Support (50% of time):
· Solve problems and provide timely assistance to residents and guests with utmost customer service and care
· Deliver superior customer service by managing the front desk and phone lines, acknowledging, and greeting residents and guests
· Provide general information and assistance to residents and guests
· Ensure residents and building are always safe and secure, monitoring the security cameras for activity
· Solve problems and provide de-escalation with residents when needed
· Event planning – execute meaningful events and activities that engage residents and foster a sense of community
· Maintain visitor protocol and follow daily check-in procedures
· Effectively communicate between dispatch, site supervisors, and DASH Team members regarding resident issues as needed
· Triage and accurately follow DASH’s incident reporting procedures and documentation
· Comply with federal, state, and local confidentiality and victim services laws and regulations
Building Support (25% of time)
· Identify, communicate, and follow up on items in need of repair with property management
· Assist advocates with unit turnovers to send off exiting residents with celebration and welcome new residents into the community
· Manage and organize front desk logs, package rooms, programs donations, restock storage closets, and food pantries
· Ability to work a flexible schedule as program needs may require occasional evening hours and support for special events
· Other duties as assigned
We’d love to hear from you.
If this sounds like the job for you, we would love to help make that happen. Please apply using the link below.
For more information about Careers In Nonprofits and our other available opportunities and workshops, please visit our website at www.careersinnonprofits.com.
Careers In Nonprofits is an equal opportunity employer. Empowered by the #ILoveMyJob mission, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment within the nonprofit sector.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regretfully can only respond to those candidates who best meet the requirements of a specific position or whose backgrounds are generally applicable to our client base. Please rest assured that we retain all candidate information for possible future matches, even if you do not hear from us in regard to your application in response to this ad.