Requirements:**Managers are seeking local candidates. They prefer for this candidate to work onsite in the Mountainview CA **
- Master's Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Master’s with at least 1-2 years of experience; Strong software engineering practices in Python with machine learning experience in a production setting.
- In-depth technical knowledge and skills including geo-database design and spatial relationships.
- Thorough understanding of (geo-)statistics and data extraction and analysis
- Strong Machine Learning and/or statistics background
- Experience using Python or R in a production context.
- Experience using PySpark and Pandas
- Experience collaborating on projects using a distributed version control system such as Git or Mercurial.
- Experience developing performant, interactive visualizations of large-scale geospatial data.
- AWS and Databricks experience
- Familiar with containers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, skilled in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences.
# # # # #
As a Geospatial Data Scientist, you will be the go-to person for geospatial data analysis. you will play a crucial role in supporting our data-driven decision-making processes. Your main responsibilities will include collecting, analyzing, and interpreting large complex geo-datasets, developing predictive models and algorithms, and presenting insights to key stakeholders. Responsibilities and required qualifications are as follows:
- Collect and pre-preprocess geospatial data to prepare for analysis.
- Lead the application of advanced analytical methods, including machine learning and statistical techniques, to develop consumer-centric insights.
- Explore and evaluate different data storage and management techniques specifically designed for geospatial data for efficient access.
- Create a data workflow from data acquisition to trends and insights generation.
- Produce high quality tested code that enables large scale research and can be transferred to physical vehicles or to the cloud infrastructure deployed in the real world.
- Stay up to date on the state-of-the-art in machine learning and data analysis ideas and software, in collaboration with our Researchers.
- Coding, proof-of-concept (POC) and demo applications using our platforms.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team and collaborate with other teams across the research lab.