Our client is a communication and productivity software platform that is uniquely designed to meet the needs of the world’s communities. We’re an early stage, funded startup working towards our v1 product.
They are creating a culture of exceptional engineering with an open and collaborative environment. Our goal is to empower all the world’s communities with technology. We’ll deliver user experiences that are intuitive, attractive, and accessible to everyone.
We’re building our client engineering team and looking for an exceptional React Native developer. Our client apps are the most visible part of our product, and the client team will build the apps from the ground up.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of demonstrated experience as the architect and developer of a 1,000,000+ download, consumer-facing React Native mobile app.
This role will focus on implementing our mobile clients using React Native, Kotlin, and Swift in partnership with the design and infrastructure teams. The candidate will design and build the navigation system and custom components while ensuring the performance to process thousands of messages per second and handle real-time voice/video.
- Self starter and self directed
- Can work in a high energy remote environment
- Thought leader in the technology and application design
- Excellent and proactive communicator
- Educate the company on how the application is designed, implemented and maintained
- Project management skills to keep stakeholders informed and deliver to a timeline
- Design, develop, and maintain our Android and iOS client applications using React Native.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code following best practices and industry standards.
- Write comprehensive unit and integration tests within our CI/CD pipeline.
- Test code to ensure it meets performance, accessibility, and user experience targets.
- Contribute to a culture of collaboration: diagnose bugs together, answer questions in chat, track innovations in the mobile space and share ideas with the team.
- Contribute to a culture of shared success: learn how everyone’s work fits together to build a successful product and deeply understand how your team contributes to the whole.
- Build a responsive UI
- Implement multi-page UI with best practice navigation
- Manage mobile app lifecycles
- Design for accessibility
- Localize apps for multiple regions
- Implement web communication using WebSocket and RESTful APIs
- Cache client data on-device
- Apply coding design pattern best practices
- Package apps for publication
Comfortable in a startup environment
- Work inclusively with diverse team members
- Effectively communicate your progress
- Proactively raise new ideas
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Audio and/or video streaming
- Kotlin and/or Swift
- Cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Los Angeles
- USA applicants only
please email email@example.com if you are interested in learning more