IPS has a brand new 100% remote Head of Partnerships role with a hyper-growth Insurtech company that is focused on bringing simplicity and transparency to the property insurance sector. Founded by industry veterans, their platform is reinventing real-estate insurance by providing agencies a fast, competitive, and entirely digital platform to serve their clients.
As the Head of Partnerships, you will be responsible for defining, executing, and scaling our client's channel partnership strategy.
Your scope begins with mapping out the ecosystem of potential partners and prioritizing acquisition efforts accordingly. You will then engage, qualify, onboard, and manage the suite of partners. To successfully execute your objectives, you will work closely with Direct Sales, Marketing, Product, and Underwriting teams. Depending on the candidate, you may have the opportunity to take on a management role, managing the Direct reps tasked with closing the leads your partners generate.
What You’ll Do
- Define the channel partnership strategy across a diverse array of categories: Lenders, SaaS, professional & field services, building hardware, and more. The scope is only limited by your creativity!
- Prospect, engage, qualify, onboard, and manage lead generation partners
- Work directly with the VP Sales (whose purview spans Sales, Customer Success, and Revenue Operations) to build a high-performing partnership organization
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Underwriting leadership – and intra-functionally with Customer Success – to continually optimize the operating and delivery models
- Identify opportunities to technically integrate the platform with partners via API and work with Engineering to automate quoting and policy issuance
- Increase partner lifetime value through customer journey optimization, incentives, automation, and other strategies
- 10+ years experience in mix of direct sales and channel partnership roles, including in a high growth tech company - an understanding of the trajectory of start-ups is more culturally aligned than large corporate experience
- Extensive experience in B2B business development organizations with an exceptional track record of exceeding lead generation goals
- Aptitude and desire to collaborate with cross-functional internal teams to deliver exceptional customer experiences
- Builder with a hunger to create things from scratch, whether that be processes, reports, new roles, or entire start-ups, who also has a knack for evolving legacy systems to improve effectiveness
- Adept at identifying opportunities for improvement, translating ambiguous gaps into discrete initiatives, and executing on prioritized roadmaps
- Possess deep quantitative skill set, with data-driven insights consistently at the core of recommendations
- Experience in or knowledge of the industry experience, particularly working with agents/brokers of commercial Property & Casualty and habitational insurance product offerings, is highly valued but not required
- To qualify for management capacity - We're looking for a strong coach and a leader of people who brings 3+ years managing multiple direct reports