Our client is one of the hidden gems in Public Accounting. Over the last 34+ years they have built a reputation as doing high quality Audit Review and Compilation for American and Indian companies doing business in the United States. The firm works with a select group of publicly traded and private companies with collective revenues exceeding $5 billion in revenues.
As the firm has grown through world of mouth, while more and more publicly traded international companies headquartered in India buy US Companies, our boutique firm is being pursued to do US Audits. If you're looking for a collegial environment that rewards high quality work, takes pride in getting the job done on time, and expects reasonable work hours, then this is a great place to continue your career.
If you're within your first 5 years of accounting, and you love the work however finds the political and up and out nature of the Big 4 firms stressful then you will feel right at home with my client. If you're someone that has more than 5 years of experience working for a mid-sized firm and are looking for exposure to something different this may be a great alternative.
The firm wants to keep its boutique culture of solid professionals with a track record of of professionals working at the firm for well over 8 years on average since its inception in 1989.
- Execute the day-to-day activities of audit engagements including Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) registrants and supporting the execution of a high-quality audit
- Identify and communicate potential issues and opportunities for audit efficiencies and process improvement to Managers and Partners
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities of audits and client interactions and ensuring efficient information flow from the client.
- Support the design and execution of an engagements audit approach and procedures in accordance with relevant regulatory professional auditing and assurance standards and applicable firm guidance
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and staying current on developments in accounting literature including those specific to assigned industries
What You Will Have Exposure To:
- Work closely with Information Technology Entrepreneurs who have built businesses in America up to $1 billion in assets.
- Work with International Clients to perform audits on American companies that have been acquired.
- Work with Medical Entrepreneurs.
- Work with teammates on business owner clients tax returns.
- Minimum of two years of current and/or recent audit experience in public accounting
- Bachelor s degree from an accredited college/university and be eligible to sit for the CPA exam in the state of your home office and must meet minimum educational requirements for the CPA licensure
- Applied working knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and accounting procedures
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements along with strong communication interpersonal analytical skills and research abilities
- Motivated by performing high quality work and client satisfaction.
- Adhere to the firms values of collegial continuous learning and professional code of conduct
- Willingness to work in the Troy Offices while gaining experience with current clients before moving into a hybrid work from home situation.
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus.
- Annual bonuses are based on (billed hours, quality of work, firm performance)
- HealthCare, 401k, Life/Disability and other perks.