This requirement supports DISA DoDNET. An overview of the program can be found here: https://info.tangoalpha3.com/hubfs/Presentations/Candidate%20Presentation/DoDNet%20Overview%20Program%20&%20Open%20Requirements-1.pdf
Tier III Infrastructure Lead
The Tier III Infrastructure Lead will support a large federal agency’s Network Infrastructure on a Tier III infrastructure team and will be responsible for the technical and managerial oversite of a global infrastructure that spans the globe. The ideal candidate will oversee, mentor, and lead a diverse team of skilled IT professionals whose mission is to ensure availability of a global infrastructure footprint that includes network administration, server administration, cyber-security, the physical plant, etc. Because of the diversity in IT products under this position, we are looking for a person with extensive experience across the gambit of IT solutions to include routing and switching protocols, firewall administration, Microsoft Active Directory, cabling standards, and wireless network security processes and procedures. This position requires a leader that will motivate and push their team to meet defined metrics and service level agreements that have been defined by our government client.
Job Description - Reporting to DoDNet Program Manager, this role is responsible for providing an excellent level of 3rd line support across the whole of business in Front and Back-office functions for our customer.
The role will have oversight of IT Operations including Service Delivery, Application and Network infrastructure. The chosen candidate will:
· Provide leadership and supervision to the Tier III team, ensuring that appropriate skilled resources are in place to meet required service levels.
· Provide technical support and guidance to Tier III staff.
· Direct remediation of incidents or problems that cause service impact and acts as escalation point for incidents not being resolved in a timely manner.
· Provide ITIL Service disciplines, covering Incident, Problem and Change Management.
· Work with Government lead to establish standards and best practices for managing internal infrastructure, including network, access rights, desktops, servers, internal applications.
· Develop and implement policies/standards to improve the quality and efficiency of support services.
· Ensure that systems, processes, and methodologies are maintained and followed to ensure effective monitoring, control, and support of service delivery.
· Ensure delivery of individual and team projects allocated within aggressive delivery times in a heavily matrixed environment
· Provide SME assistance in building project documentation, task lists, dependency identification, and schedules in coordination with the Project Team for new and evolving projects
· Monitor and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure service delivery methods and procedures.
· Plan and implement upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
· Develop and lead the replacement of infrastructure at end of life.
· Ensure proper testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure prior to production
· Maintain service level agreement metrics consistent with Government guidelines.
· Maintain a schedule of formal service reviews with key stakeholders and management of the key 3rd party providers who provide the IT operational service.
· Manage the performance objectives and professional development of the Tier III team including the initiation, monitoring, review and validation of individual training and development plans
· Identifies opportunities to simplify Tier III operations through continuous improvement initiatives.
· Provide occasional out of hours support.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or 12+ years of IT related experience
· 5+ years of experience managing an enterprise-class team
· Network or other Certifications needed or specialty experience
· Security+CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
· IAT Level III certification is required before start
· Responsible for overall system and infrastructure availability and development of a resilient infrastructure to reduce failures.
· Responsible for day-to-day system administration, including management of internal network, VPN, Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and system backups.
· Responsible for management of the rollout and support of desktop devices, including laptops and printers, and productivity tools such as Outlook and MS-Office.
· Operate and sustain the DoDNet at DISA, ensuring the network is engineered to support expansion of services as participating 4th Estate Agencies migrate to the new Common Services architecture
· Resolve issues/incidents/events with DoDNet infrastructure and/or components.
· Maintain a compliant and robust security posture.
· Design and implement new network solutions, improving the efficiency of current networks
· Ensure firewalls, router, and switches are configured to maximize network efficiency and security
· Maximizes network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
· Strong experience with implementing configuration baselines and DISA STIGs
· Strong experience with vulnerability mitigation and patching
· Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
· Build reports providing status of all Tier III metrics
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
· Must be able to identify and mitigate risks to IT programs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Able to present across a broad spectrum of senior and worker level audiences
· Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
· Ability to manage through organizational change
· Effectively assesses and advises on subjects specific to the areas of responsibility
· In depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server
· In depth knowledge of Active Directory (Design, Security and Administration)
· In depth knowledge of Messaging (MS Exchange, Archiving, Unified
· In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts.
· Good understanding of VMWare 5 / Hyper V
· Good understanding of IT security and Data protection
· Good understanding of Cloud and mobile technology
· Good knowledge of Citrix and Citrix Metaframe
· Top Secret
· Must be US Citizen
This position may involve periodic travel of up to 25%
Location: Fort Meade, MD