The Infrastructure Monitoring Analyst is responsible for providing first-level network and IT infrastructure event monitoring and event management in a 24 x 7 operations environment. The Event Analyst is also responsible for comparing and correlating events from multiple sources, maintaining accurate incident records, and initiating appropriate actions to avoid or minimize loss of IT services. This position requires familiarity with the network architecture and with supported applications within the Military Health System (MHS) environment.
- Accurately log, ticket, and own/escalate incidents resulting from infrastructure events.
- Provide accurate, timely, and professional documentation on all supported issues.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Follow up on all incidents in a timely and professional manner.
- Quickly identify and escalate high-priority issues.
- Accurately triage/assign/escalate tickets per standard operating procedures.
- Efficiently and accurately, resolve all assigned incidents.
- Identify and document incident resolution and support knowledge.
- Complete all assigned duties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adhere to the schedule and have dependable attendance.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Technically competent
- Strong critical-thinking skills that facilitate expedient problem solving
- Must be knowledgeable/capable of effectively using common network monitoring techniques and tools (i.e. Splunk)
- Familiarity with Military Health System is preferred
- Excellent communication, customer service, time management, conflict resolution, and problem determination/resolution skills are a must
- Familiar with Service Desk support methodology
- Functional knowledge of Windows XP, MS Outlook/Office, VPN/remote access, printers, networking technology (routing, switching, network management)
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment
Education & Work Experience:
- AA/AS Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or related field/equivalent experience preferred
- Relevant technical certifications preferred (Security+)
- Familiar with ITIL (certification preferred)
- HDI certification preferred
Compensation: $21.50/hr + Health & Welfare Benefits
Clearance Requirement: Department of Defense security clearance (ADP II Public Trust)