This requirement support DISA DoDNET. A brief overview of the program can be found here: https://info.tangoalpha3.com/hubfs/Presentations/Candidate%20Presentation/DoDNet%20Overview%20Program%20&%20Open%20Requirements-1.pdf
The Chief Architect supports a large federal agency’s efforts with engineering design, development, testing, and implementation to support long-term IT engineering solutions as well as provide operational technical analysis and engineering support. As an authority in discipline or related area of expertise, leads engineering and system design, analysis, and transition across networking and computing environments to support configuration, change, and life cycle management. Leverages industry-based best practices to ensure IA compliance, integration, automation, and scalability when designing engineering solutions. In addition to engineering design of major long-term efforts, conducts engineering technical analysis to resolve complex issues for the development and implementation of operational programs.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years of experience
· Experience with System Development Life Cycle and Process modeling.
· Network, other related certifications, or applicable specialty experience
· Security+ CE (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
· IAT Level II certification is required before start
· Reviews how current IT functions throughout the enterprise can be centralized and increase efficiency. Determines methods that aid in various technology areas working together seamlessly.
· Perform system integration, system evaluation and analysis, site surveys, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems and architectures.
· Conduct advanced research and analysis of current systems to develop strategic implementation plans and designs, document and mitigate risks as well as lessons learned, and provide regular updates.
· Serves in a critical role that builds, advises, and recommends purchases for technology that will help the enterprise meet its mission goals.
· Ensure all requirements, customer and functional, are met though system analysis across all levels to include hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, and disposal.
· Collaborate with agencies, federal partners, industry, etc. to run technology experiments and pilot programs that help create new products and services. Responsible for determining the best way of integrating these into standard OPCON.
· Research, collaborate, strategize with vendors and various groups, such as R&D, Server and Network teams, and provide recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology to improve mission assurance. Coordinate the efforts of other technology-specific architects and/or SME's.
· Address unusually complex problems with consultative direction through the application of advanced technologies expertise, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. Responsible for solving integration problems and synchronizing technology frameworks across the organization's task areas.
· Maintain a strong understanding of networking architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing. Review new and existing enterprise program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards policies and architectural plans.
· Devises plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future enterprise technologies and service offerings.
· Designing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
· Strong experience with implementing configuration baselines and DISA STIGs
· Strong experience with vulnerability mitigation and patching
· Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Skill in reporting project status to key stakeholders
· Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
· Ability to track, manage, and ensure project tasks are completed in a timely manner
· Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning.
· Specific technologies: SolarWinds, SCCM, Active Directory, Desktop EndPoint Solutions, Identify Management (SailPoint), Virtual Hosting/Data Storage Management, and Network infrastructure.
· Palo Alto Firewalls
· Must be US Citizen
This position will involve minimal travel
Location: Fort Meade, MD