This requirement supports DISA DoDNET. An overview of the program can be found here: https://info.tangoalpha3.com/hubfs/Presentations/Candidate%20Presentation/DoDNet%20Overview%20Program%20&%20Open%20Requirements-1.pdf
Transport Tier III Lead
Our DoDNet Team supports the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), providing, operating and assuring critical networking, voice, video and collaboration services for the full spectrum of common IT services for various Defense Agencies and Field Activities (DAFA) within the Department of Defense (DoD).
TangoAlpha3 has an opening for Tier III operations and maintenance (O&M) leader to oversee and manage 24/7 support to the customer’s various WAN, LAN, and WLAN networks, in providing network upgrades and configuration support to the architecture team; act as subject matter expert in WAN, LAN and WLAN technologies and vendors; support customer’s intra- and inter- net and other data communications systems or segments of networked system; and provide Tier III support for DISA’s 4th Estate Network Operations (4ENO) Program Office.
The Transport Tier III Lead supports a 24/7 Tier III delivery team responsible for Network Engineering, Wireless LAN, and Test & Evaluation (T&E) services. Tier III component resolution requires expert-level knowledge, analysis methods, and may require third party vendor specific support. The chosen candidate will manage a team of Tier III infrastructure personnel to ensure continuous operation of an enterprise level network environment with global reach. Additionally, the incoming candidate will conduct technical research to continuously develop and implement solutions for new or recurring problems for DoDNet as well as write and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) that ensure continuous process improvement while maintaining repeatable, industry standard practices.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree or 12+ years of IT related experience
· 5+ years of experience managing an enterprise-class team
· Network or other Certifications needed or specialty experience
· 3 yrs ServiceNow (preferred)
· IAT Level II certification is required before start (or appropriate DoDM 8570 Baseline Certification)
· Operate and sustain the DoDNet at DISA, and ensure the network is engineered to support expansion to complete DISA migration and the migration of participating DAFA, as designated by the DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO).
· Initiate seamless network and user migration from participating geographically disparate 4E agencies and commands.
· Oversee, mentor, and manage a Tier III team of network transport professionals
· Monitor the performance of systems and networks.
· Support routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
· Configure and test hardware, networking software and operating system software.
· Participate in evaluation of new network technologies and make recommendations to network architecture team regarding the integration of these technologies into the existing network.
· Ensure that plans for hardware and communications are adequate.
· Develop and implement methodologies for analysis, testing, and support of LAN, WAN and WLAN networks.
· Conduct technical research to develop and implement solutions for new or recurring problems according to DoDNet Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Diagnose hardware and software problems and replace defective components.
· Support operations and maintain activities and administer networks including hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
· Write and maintain SOPs in accordance with the customer’s direction.
· Provide standardized reporting on SLA and quality metrics within the candidate’s area of responsibility.
· Assist the Project Management Team as the IT transport SME in developing project implementation plans. Projects may include new equipment installations, life cycle replacement projects, cable plant and wireless installations, and Protective Distribution Systems (PDS) for Classified Systems.
· Oversees management of the network configuration, IT cable plant, and wireless infrastructure.
· Maintain a compliant and robust security posture.
· Oversee T&E within the Enterprise Verification and Integration Facility (EVIF).
· Install, configure, and support network equipment including firewalls and other security solutions, routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
· Maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
· Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
· Perform all other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
· Effectively manage a team of enterprise class networking professionals
· Ability to identify and mitigate risks to IT programs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ablity to present across a broad spectrum of senior and worker level audiences
· Ability to manage through organizational change
· Effectively assess and advise on subjects specific to the areas of responsibility
· Ability to work in a heavily matrix’d environment
· Strong experience with implementing configuration baselines and DISA STIGs
· Strong experience with vulnerability mitigation and patching
· In depth knowledge of Networking technologies and concepts
· Understanding of structured cabling and transport services
· Cisco Catalyst access and Nexus core switches
· SolarWinds Network Configuration Monitor (NCM)
· System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
· Palo Alto Firewalls
· Top Secret
· Must be US Citizen
This position may involve periodic travel of up to 10%
Location: Fort Meade, MD