QA Team Lead
Remote, hybrid or onsite - Jacksonville, FL
NLP Logix is recruiting for a QA Team Lead to join its growing team of IT and Business professionals. This position is for a full-time employee based out of Jacksonville, FL.
NLP Logix is a Data Science product and services company based in Jacksonville, FL that specializes in AI Solution Development, Machine Learning, and Advanced Analytics for a variety of use cases, industries, and customers across the United States.
The QA Team Lead will play a primary role in planning, implementing, leading, and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. The role requires hands-on QA expertise, ability to take initiative and develop and evolve our QA processes. The right candidate will be able to analyze the systems to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
- Lead and mentor QA team members, as well as manage outside contract testers.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Diagnose defects and track them from discovery to resolution.
- Partner with engineering teams to stay informed of new technologies being introduced and to ensure that system components are designed for testability.
- Respond to all requests from team members in a timely professional manner.
- Develop standards for performance and load testing
- Manage all performance and load testing initiatives across the organization
- Ensure QA governance is performed on all application development projects throughout each release cycle
- Conduct defect triage meetings and make recommendations on priorities
- 5+ years’ experience in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience
- 2+ years' experience managing a QA team
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing test cases, scripts, plans and procedures to support various development methodologies
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Stress & Scale, Smoke & Sanity)
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and deployment
- Understanding of existing QA best practices and methodologies to design, implement and automate processes
- Experience coordinating with external QA resources
- Prior success using a metrics-driven approach and closed-loop feedback to improve software deliverables and improve predictability and reliability of releases
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive, and able to prioritize a large number of tasks
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others
· Experience with leveraging data analysis to determine if desired outcomes have been met
- 3+ years of experience writing Selenium tests in .NET
- 2+ years of experience writing test cases in TestRails
- 2+ years of working in an Agile/Scrum methodology
- 2+ years of experience with test runners (Junit, TestNG, Mocha, Jasmine)
- 2+ years of experience with CI tools (Jenkins, TeamCity, GitLab)
- 1+ years of experience testing web services (manual or automation)
- 1+ years of using Jira for defect tracking
- 1+ years of experience using Jmeter
- 1+ years of experience with tableau
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong experience leading the automation of regression test suites
- QA Lead experience on most recent project
- Prefer Selenium being utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer Agile be utilized in the current/most recent project
- Prefer experience in the SAFe Agile approach
NLP Logix believes “Data Science is a Team Sport.®” and encourages a spirit of cooperation and fosters an environment of professional growth where employees can exercise their leadership ability, creativity, technical competence, with an overall focus in helping NLP Logix fulfill its mission.
NLP Logix is an equal opportunity employer committed to establishing a diverse workforce.